Wondering what YOU should do for Father’s Day?
Father’s Day is a day to thank and honor fathers. In some ways it is like any other day but we have to kick that celebration factor a few notches higher!
It does not matter if you are a dad, mom, old or young, here are our best activities for Father’s Day. So enjoy!
1. Start the day off just right. How does YOUR dad (or husband) like to start his mornings? If he wants to sleep in, get him coffee in bed. If he loves to be up and active early, then get out for an early morning breakfast.
2. No matter what gift you make or create for dad be sure to make a hand made card.Write a heartfelt message for him inside.
3. Kids are too small to write? Create a video message for dad.
4. Create a story with dad. Draw pictures and make a little book and you have a wonderful keepsake.
5. Make a song for dad. This will be quite a winner if you have toddlers and preschoolers at home.
6. Go on a picnic.
7. Enjoy the morning with dad and force dad to do something he has always wanted to do but never finds the time to do in the afternoon. My husband has always wanted to go golfing and we hope to send him out to do some this weekend.
8. Cook with dad and cook for dad. Make something simple and personal that dad would love to eat!
9. Make a life size portrait of dad. Attach drawing paper to create a HUGE sheet. Ask dad to lie on it and draw the outline. Color it as a family. Decorate dad’s shirt with positive adjectives and words that indicate why you love him.
10. If dad wants quiet time, sit back and read some books or even watch a movie.
I am off to see what all we can do for and with dad this Father’s day. In the meantime, I hope you share your activities and plans!